We have enjoyed all of our #SummertimeFine memories and have the Instagram likes to prove it. Although we will miss #SummerVibesAndTanLines, we are super excited to get back to dance and cheer! Some of our favorite Pastry Dance Crew members are giving us vital tips on how to make the change from summer fun to back to school, dance and cheer this year.
Dance Prep 101
1. H20 for the Dancer on the GoBlake drinks Gatorade or a large bottle of Smart Water before, during and after each class. This keeps him ready for a long day of school and dance classes.
2. Make Time for your MusclesOlivia stretches every morning and night to keep her muscles limber so she can execute all moves effortlessly.
3. Cardi O Not Cardi BTravis makes sure he hits the gym to stretch and does cardio to remain in shape.
4. Master Classes on DeckMya makes sure she checks out her favorite choreographers’ schedules so she can attend their classes as well as watches their latest videos.
5. Dance to the Beat with Pastry on your FeetAly makes sure she is in Pastry all day every day. Whether she’s on set for a TV show, dancing or even wearing the new Recovery Slide on the beach or plane, she is always ready to bust a move if the occasion arises.
Back to School 101:
1. Get your Beauty Sleep.Vivienne starts going to bed and waking up earlier the week before school starts. Despite how hard this is to do, it really makes a difference for her.
2. Bookbag PrepOlivia makes sure she has both her school and dance bag ready each night before she goes to bed. Being able to grab them as she heads out the door starts her mornings off right.
3. Preplan your SlayVivienne puts together an outfit for each day of the week in advance. She even picks out her accessories and shoes too. Obviously, she has Pastry shoes lined up for every day of the week!
4. Have Fun!Mya does her best to have fun when school starts. By planning ahead and making sure she has things on her schedule that she loves, like attending dance classes taught by her favorite choreographers, she is able to focus better in school and have fun along the way.
5. Give BackVivienne cleans out her closet and donate the things that she has outgrown. She loves starting off the year fresh and uncluttered.
6. Homework Comes FirstTravis makes sure he pays attention to his school and dance schedule so he knows when he is going to do his homework each night. By knowing his schedule ahead of time, Travis makes sure he always has time for homework first.
7. Make More Summer MemoriesVivienne spends her last few days of summer hanging out with friends so they can enjoy their last few days before the school grind begins.
Now that you’ve heard some great tips, are you ready for another year of school, dance and cheer? What are your must haves to get your ready for another year?