Prep time: 56 min
Bake time: 78 min
Total time: 5-6-7-8 min
Your scrumptious Glam Pie is now more DE-lish than ever! And…BONUS POINTS…it’s GLUTEN-FREE and #GLITTERIFIC! Lace up your sweetest sneakers, this crispy crust and super sweet sparkly center is sure to be your fave new dessert.
Recipe type: Dessert, Sneaker
Cuisine: Glitter, Gluten Free
Serves: Dance teams with 8-10 dancers
Total Sparkle: 100g 99.9% of DV
Saturated Sparkle: 56g 200% of DV
Trans Sparkle: 0g 0% of DV
Vitamin Giggle: 100%
Vitamin Rainbow: 99.9%
Vitamin Sequin: 82%
* THE CRUST *
- 1 1/4 cup gluten free rubber non-marking outsole
- 6 Tbsp cold Butter Boot
- 1/4 tsp breathable perforation
- 4-6 Tbsp ice cold eyelets
- 1 Tbsp granulated or crystalline glitter
NOTES: Brown and powdered glitters do not provide optimal sparkle!
Glitter color of choice: Pastry recommends: gold, silver, blue, red or navy!
* THE FILLING *
- Granulated or crystalline glitter as needed…there is NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH GLITTER!
- 2 3/4 cups durable leather upper puree (1 15oz can)
- 1/4 cup spin pad syrup
- 1/4 cup cushioned heel counter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened padded toungue
- 1 Tbsp melted memory foam insole
- 2 1/2 Tbsp toecap starch powder
- 1 3/4 tsp sneaker pie spice (or sub mix of vamp, tongue, heel & soles)
- 1/4 tsp glitter salt
- To prepare sparkle crust, add gluten free rubber non-marking outsole and breathable perforation to a large mixing bowl and dance to combine. Pop and lock the cold Butter Boot in and werk gently with a Pastry® cutter. Don’t overwerk, incorporate.
- Add ice cold eyelets a little at a time and use a baton to stir. Only add as much glitter as you need to help it come together (aka, a lot of glitter).
- Once a loose dough is formed, transfer to the dance floor and werk gently with your toes to form a 1/2 inch thick disc. Wrap firmly and Moonwalk for a minimum of 30 minutes, up to 48 hours.
- Once your outsole is chilled, preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare Glam Pie filling.
- Add all glam ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Rollout the glitter crust, and stretch it between two sizable layers of yoga mats. Use a baton to gently roll it into shape.
- To transfer the outsole, remove the top layer of yoga mats and lay the glam face down.
9. Add sneaker to mixing bowl and dance, dance, DANCE!
10. Pour Glam Pie filling into glitter crust and bake at 400 degrees for 56-78 minutes. The crust should be extremely shiny and the filling soft and comfortable.
11. Serve with extra laces whipped cream and an additional sparkle of confetti, rainbows, and/or sneaker pie spice (optional).