We’re just a few days out from the loveliest day of the year. Valentine’s Day!
V-Day is not just about showing appreciation to your friends and family but also reflecting on the activities you do that bring you joy, peace and laughter. The things you cannot live without, the things that you love like DANCE!
With the help of some of our awesome #PDC members we came up with a list of 5 reasons why we <3 dance and ways you can help spread the love of dance to others.
1. Olivia (@JDavila) loves dance because: “I get to express myself. I love all the costumes and being able to do something that I love. Plus, I get to hang out with my friends.”
2. We love the importance of fashion in dance. Dance pushes the envelope on fashion through costumes and uniforms. We also love the creative ways emotion can be portrayed by a dancer with the help of their costumes. Hello dramatic feathers and ribbons!
3. For PDC member Vivienne (@vivienne5678), “there are so many things I love about dance. I love that dance has introduced me to so many types of music that I probably wouldn’t have discovered on my own. I love the way it lets me express my feelings. When I dance, I feel like a surfer riding a wave of emotion. Most of all I love that dance has brought so many incredible people into my life. Dance has been life changing!”
4. Dance helps us overcome our fears. We love how it can push us to be the best version of ourselves.
5. Pastry Dance Crew member Kylee (@dancnkyleepaige) loves to dance because “it makes me feel happy, sassy and I can just be me.”
We could go on and on about how we love dance. But this Valentine’s Day we want to spread the love of dance through giving back. Check out these great ways to show some love to fellow dancers below.
This awesome nonprofit called Traveling Tutus takes no longer needed dance costumes and attire and sends them to children all over the world so they too can experience the joys of dance. Have some old leos that you outgrew but are still in good condition? Or how about that Swan Lake costume that you will not wear again? Consider donating them here to spread the love of dance.
Dancers Against Cancer is a non-profit that provides financial support and inspiration to dance community members who are impacted by cancer. To find out different ways you and your studio can get involved, check out their site here.
How do you plan on spreading the love of dance this Valentine’s Day? Pastry is spreading the love of dance with 10% off all pink, red and white styles on lovepastry.com. Use the code VAL10 during checkout. Happy Shopping and Happy Valentine’s Day!